Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Update

Well, it's been just over a week since my cook-a-thon Saturday that put 10 dinner recipes into my freezer. So far we've eaten:
Hearty Hamburger Stew - meh. We ate this for two meals, and there's another bag in the freezer that will do one. It was edible, but I won't make it again. I'll make chile next time.

Chinese Chicken Morsels - all right. Cooked really well, marinaded beautifully. Will probably sub in a marinade I know we like better next time, but will remake the concept.

Roast Beef Sandwiches Au Jus - delicious, hubby pleaser, will make again.

It's been great to not have to decide what's for dinner. I have the calender that was in the cookbook on the fridge. The night before I know we'll need a meal, I take it out and put it in the fridge. Next night after work, I just take it out and do what it says. It can still take up to an hour to get it on the table, but that's generally baking a casserole time, not actual doing stuff in the kitchen time. I'm looking forward to trying another round of cooking in a few weeks.

It has been a huge help during the workweek. I am not a person that can sit down and meal plan, so this has done it for me. Decide if we're eating at home tomorrow, take next item on list out of freezer. Decision made, meal ready to go. It's great.

No comments:

Post a Comment