Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Layered Enchilada Bake

I admit, I kind of give Kraft recipes the side-eye. They tend to be full of weird processed stuff. I did omit the salad dressing from this (and ended up subbing tomato sauce for the salsa when I realized my salsa was mango lime and would probably be weird in this).
The good news: it's pretty tasty. It would freeze well (but we're eating this one fresh). It really was quick to put together. Add a salad and it's not a bad meal at all. Next time, I will either actually use salsa or enchilada sauce. And on that note, I need to go eat my salad.

EDIT TO ADD: This is another recipe that I will definitely divide into two 8x8 or 9x9 pans in the future. While it's still good, I'm just tired of it. 9x13 pan recipes are really too big for two people unless they never get tired of leftovers.

5 comments:

  1. I just read the recipe and it looks easy enough, and it looks tasty too. Melted cheese on top is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make this, soon! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. holy crapballs, that looks so good!!! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I'm glad someone made a blog for OAMC that's not for huge families. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this last night and didn’t notice your Edit until this morning and have to agree, it makes a ton! I brought some for lunch today. Next time I’ll use ½ the beans and add some canned chilies. My husband and I both liked it.

    Lots of flavor with minimal effort, which is my favorite type of cooking.

    ReplyDelete