Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mom's Secret Recipe: Microwave Rice Pudding


This recipe really did come from my mom, and it really was something she made in my childhood. I always have loved it.

Microwave Rice Pudding

Mix
dry ingredients in large (8 cup) microwavable casserole dish:
3/4 c sugar
2 tbsp corn starch
1/4 tsp salt

Add:
2 1/2 cups milk

Microwave
3 minutes on high. Stir. Microwave 3 more minutes.

Beat
1 egg. Add a little pudding to the egg, mix. Add egg to casserole dish. Mix well. Microwave 1 minute.

Add:
2 tbsp butter (optional)
1/2 cup raisins (optional, but recommended)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups cooked white rice

Microwave 3 minutes. Serve warm or cold.

Notes:
My microwave doesn't seem to be as powerful as some of the newfangled ones. If you know yours is some kind of superpowered device, cut it back to 80%.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE rice pudding and my H does not. This simple recipe seems worth the effort since I'm only cooking this dish for 1!

    ReplyDelete