Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Revolution

Here's the deal: I like to cook. Really. It's kind of fun to try new recipes, and it's way cheaper than eating out. Healthier, too.

The problem is that I work full time. It's not a terribly physically taxing job, but when I get home... I'm done. I don't really want to think up what to make for supper. I don't really want to do it. And neither does my husband.

Enter Once a Month Cooking (OAMC). I've only attempted this once, but so far, so good. The general idea is to cook and freeze a whole bunch of entrees, then eat them as you need them. We're just a two-person household, so a "two week menu" has nicely done us four weeks. I've been posting on the forums at The Nest, so my first few posts will just recap what I've said there. I hope to include some recipes and document my experience so I can get better at this crazy giant cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment